Sunday, September 21, 2008

Collograph






My 1st printmaking assignment was to do a collograph with 3 different print plates and using 3 different colors. I loved this assignment! I learned a ton, and can't wait to do another set!!! i definitely need to pick colors with more contrast next time, and learn to make enough for the whole project! I used black, and made an purple and a dark crimson, but they were too close together in value, so I didn't get the pop I wanted. Also, I ran out of the purple and the crimson, so I have a couple different versions of each of those....oh, well...lesson learned. I also would like to experiment more with composition and design, but overall, I'm very happy with my 1s attempt into printmaking!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There is some much imagination in them. I love it and keep it up. I can't imagine them getting any better. I love your work...all of it!

Unknown said...

Your experiment is fascinating. I have a sense of perception which allows me to see shapes, animals and humans in textile or work like yours. So I just love stare at your work finding "the eyes and mouth" of the mythic being that has gone in to amaze me!
Regards, Mishati