My 1st printmaking assignment was to do a collograph with 3 different print plates and using 3 different colors. I loved this assignment! I learned a ton, and can't wait to do another set!!! i definitely need to pick colors with more contrast next time, and learn to make enough for the whole project! I used black, and made an purple and a dark crimson, but they were too close together in value, so I didn't get the pop I wanted. Also, I ran out of the purple and the crimson, so I have a couple different versions of each of those....oh, well...lesson learned. I also would like to experiment more with composition and design, but overall, I'm very happy with my 1s attempt into printmaking!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Here's one of the new pieces I've done that will be in the art show at my friend's hair salon. I think it still might need a little something-something, so it may change a little bit before then, but so far I'm pleased with it... Acrylic on 30"x30" canvas